Call for Makers
The MV Mini Maker Faire showcases the amazing work of all kinds and ages of Vineyard makers—anyone who is embracing the do-it-yourself (or do-it-together) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an appreciative audience.
How to Apply
- Free for Standard Individual and Non-Profit Makers/Presenters;
- Fee for Commercial Makers & Vendors
- All Makers who participate in the MV Mini Maker Faire will receive a cool 2017 MV Maker t-shirt! One shirt per exhibit/presenter/performer while supplies last.
1st Round*: Application Deadline – February 29 at 11:59pm EST
2nd Round: Application Deadline – March 7 at 11:59pm EST
Late Entries: Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed based on available space.
*Applications submitted in the 1st Round will be reviewed first.
- Select the category below that best fits your participation in Maker Faire. Details and descriptions of the entry categories are found further below.
- You can fill out more than one proposal in one or more categories.
- Before starting your application, select a quality photo of your project and yourself.
An all-day exhibit to show off your project(s), how you made them, and inspire people to make (includes Individuals, Groups, Non-Profits and Commercial Makers – more details below)
A scheduled performance in the presentation area in the middle of the venue. Set lengths vary.
A scheduled 10-, 20- or 30-minute presentation in the presentation area in the middle of the venue.
Corporate entities and/or established companies can review our Sponsors page for information on how to sponsor the faire.
We particularly encourage exhibits that are interactive and that highlight the process of making things.
Here are just some of the topics that we’re looking for:
- Student projects
- Homegrown Drones
- Arduino projects
- Raspberry Pi
- Space projects
- Food makers (not concessionaires, more info below)
- Conductive materials projects
- Kit makers
- Interactive art projects
- 3D Printers and CNC Mills
- Textile Arts and Crafts
- Home Energy Monitoring
- Rockets and RC Toys
- Sustainability & Green Tech
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Electric Vehicles
- Science, Biology/Biotech, and Chemistry projects
- Puppets, Kites, and Other Whimsical Creations
- Large-scale Art
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Music Performances and Participation
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
Entry Form Types
Maker Exhibit: Individuals, groups, schools and organizations that would like to demonstrate what they make and/or how it works in an all-day exhibit space; interactive exhibits are encouraged. For maker groups, please have one point person to coordinate your efforts. Maker Exhibit can also include these two sub-types:
- Standard Makers: (Individual, Non-Profit or Mission-Based Associations, Institutions and Organizations): The Standard category qualifies for free exhibit space to participate in the MV Maker Faire. Makers are provided a standard set-up (10×10 space, 1 Table, and 2 Chairs). Complete the Participation Form as a Standard Maker and we will contact you with details.
Performance: Musicians and entertainers who would like to perform at Maker Faire. Performances will typically use the center presentation area and are scheduled for approximately 30 minutes. Set lengths vary. Some performances may be roaming and unscheduled, which is welcomed. Please mention scheduling details in your application.
Presentation: Individuals and groups who would like to talk about an idea or project of interest to the Maker community, OR makers who are interested in demonstrating what they make and how it works in a “stage” setting. Presentations are typically 10, 20, or 30 minutes, with some time for Q&A. Presentations will be listed on MV Mini Maker Faire marketing materials. If you’d like to present, fill out the Participation Form as a presenter.
Entry Form Photo Information
When applying, you are required to provide a project (or presentation) photo and a bio photo. Please have these ready before you start your application.
Other Ways to Participate at Maker Faire
Volunteer / Maker Faire Traveler: For information about making an invaluable contribution at the MV Mini Maker Faire (and getting an exclusive, volunteer-only t-shirt!), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with VOLUNTEER in the subject, and we will let you know when sign-ups are available.
Food Vendors: Concessionaires who would like to sell non-packaged, ready-to-eat food to attendees at the MV Mini Maker Faire follow a different application process. Do not fill out the entry forms above. If you are interested, send an email to email@example.com with FOOD VENDOR in the subject
Is Maker Faire Happening Friday or Sunday?
No. We will be opening the Ag Hall for the Maker Faire on Saturday, May 13 at 9am for Maker setup and will be then open from 10am to 4pm to the public. Makers will have from 4pm to 5pm to break down their exhibits. Please plan accordingly.
What Happens Next
Sign up for the Maker Faire Newsletter and indicate that you would like to hear about the Call for Makers.
After receiving the Call for Makers notice and applying, we will send an email confirming that we have received your entry form. If you don’t receive this email, let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org. Acceptances are sent via email approximately 2 months before the show. Once accepted, begin to plan for your participation. We will send regular Maker Newsletter updates and your Maker Agreement in advance of the event.
Aspiring makers are encouraged to follow the MV Mini Maker Faire on our Facebook feed to keep up with the latest news on makers and the faire. We look forward to seeing you!